Australian Financial Services Licensing (AFSL) Forum


Grant Holley

Thanks for your question.

An Authorised Representative carries on business as a representative of an AFSL holder.  Although many financial services can be provided in a representative capacity, this is not the case if you are issuing a financial product, such as your own Managed Investment Scheme.  In that case you will be acting as a principal and not as a representative.  There are some limited exceptions to this and you should seek legal advice.  Also, because the Scheme is to be marketed to retail clients, it will need to be a registered scheme, with a responsible entity that is a public company.

Please feel free to contact our Financial Services Team for further information.

  • Free answers to common Financial Services Regulation (FSR), Consumer Credit and AML/CTF issues.

    Click here to join our LinkedIn group for responsible managers and compliance professionals.
  • Training

    Regulatory Compliance Training for Directors, Responsible Managers and Compliance Staff

    View Courses

  • Legal Advice

    Review your AFSL or ACL disclosure documents, conduct a licensee audit and more…

    Get Legal Advice

  • Compliance support

    The HN Hub – an online platform built to support Responsible Managers and Compliance Staff