Australian Financial Services Licensing (AFSL) Forum

Home Forums Australian Financial Services Licensing (AFSL) Forum I deal with retail clients. Do I need to keep a hard copy of client files? Re: I deal with retail clients. Do I need to keep a hard copy of client files?

With advisers moving licensees, it is definitely difficult to retain access to client files. Complaints tend to come in years after the advice, so the chances that an adviser has left the licensee increase.

I’d be interested to how others are ensuring access to files; I am looking at implementing a requirement to store documents in an online format that the licensee can access immediately, or otherwise for the adviser to provide electronic or hardcopy documents to the licensee.

• Free answers to common Financial Services Regulation (FSR), Consumer Credit and AML/CTF issues.

Click here to join our LinkedIn group for responsible managers and compliance professionals.
    joinUsOnLinkedIn
  • Training

Regulatory Compliance Training for Directors, Responsible Managers and Compliance Staff

View Courses

• Legal Advice

Review your AFSL or ACL disclosure documents, conduct a licensee audit and more…

Get Legal Advice

• Compliance support

The HN Hub – an online platform built to support Responsible Managers and Compliance Staff

More