Australian Financial Services Licensing (AFSL) Forum


Megan Jaksa

Hi Nevermore,
There is no quick or easy answer to your question. Depending on how you plan to structure your business, you will need to consider :
•an appropriate AFS Licence;
AML/CTF compliance;
•compliance processes and procedures;
•appropriate disclosure documents; and
•business structure (shareholder agreements, constitution, trust deed etc).

We would recommend you seek legal advice to obtain more specific guidance.  Feel free to speak with one of our lawyers for further information.

Author: Paul Derham
Co-contributor: Megan Jaksa

  • Free answers to common Financial Services Regulation (FSR), Consumer Credit and AML/CTF issues.

    Click here to join our LinkedIn group for responsible managers and compliance professionals.
  • Training

    Regulatory Compliance Training for Directors, Responsible Managers and Compliance Staff

    View Courses

  • Legal Advice

    Review your AFSL or ACL disclosure documents, conduct a licensee audit and more…

    Get Legal Advice

  • Compliance support

    The HN Hub – an online platform built to support Responsible Managers and Compliance Staff