Australian Financial Services Licensing (AFSL) Forum


The providing entity, whether it is the licensee or the AR, needs to give an FSG when it provides financial product advice to retail clients. One licensee can prepare an FSG for all of its ARs to give out, provided that it meets the content requirements in the Corps Act; one of these requirements is to list the authorised representatives.

Do the licensee’s FSGs being given out by the ARs you have seen state that the providing entity is an AR of the licensee? If not, there may be an issue.
If you have any specific concerns, you can contact our office and speak to one of our financial services lawyers for advice.
Author: Sam Hills
Co-contributor: Sarah Holley 
  • Free answers to common Financial Services Regulation (FSR), Consumer Credit and AML/CTF issues.

    Click here to join our LinkedIn group for responsible managers and compliance professionals.
  • Training

    Regulatory Compliance Training for Directors, Responsible Managers and Compliance Staff

    View Courses

  • Legal Advice

    Review your AFSL or ACL disclosure documents, conduct a licensee audit and more…

    Get Legal Advice

  • Compliance support

    The HN Hub – an online platform built to support Responsible Managers and Compliance Staff