Australian Financial Services Licensing (AFSL) Forum

Making sure the PAMM provider has an AFSL helps you manage one risk – but your AFSL needs to cover the right activities, too.
In order for you to authorise your contact to advice on PAMMs you would first need to have managed investment scheme and/or managed discretionary account authorisations (see our initial response) under your license.
Further, as an authorising licensee, you would be legally responsible for the conduct of the authorised representative. There are lots of other risks you would want to manage (eg. via a well drafted authorised representative agreement and by conducting legal/compliance due diligence on the authorised representative).
Author: Chris Lim
  • Free answers to common Financial Services Regulation (FSR), Consumer Credit and AML/CTF issues.

    Click here to join our LinkedIn group for responsible managers and compliance professionals.
  • Training

    Regulatory Compliance Training for Directors, Responsible Managers and Compliance Staff

    View Courses

  • Legal Advice

    Review your AFSL or ACL disclosure documents, conduct a licensee audit and more…

    Get Legal Advice

  • Compliance support

    The HN Hub – an online platform built to support Responsible Managers and Compliance Staff