Australian Financial Services Licensing (AFSL) Forum

Home Forums Australian Financial Services Licensing (AFSL) Forum Insurance Advice in limited superannuation advice Reply To: Insurance Advice in limited superannuation advice

licencefx

When writing an SOA strictly on super consolidation only – no insurance advice. Do I need to include what insurance the current funds have in the SOA? I would add which funds hold insurance via a simple yes or no in a table outlining their current funds and balances etc so the client knows which funds they need to investigate or look into themselves.

My licencee is saying I need to include the amount of cover, premiums etc as part of the super only SOA, however my argument is if its super only, insurance information is not relevant and if it is added, does it some what imply that insurance advice is being given/considered? thoughts?

• Free answers to common Financial Services Regulation (FSR), Consumer Credit and AML/CTF issues.

Click here to join our LinkedIn group for responsible managers and compliance professionals.
    joinUsOnLinkedIn
  • Training

Regulatory Compliance Training for Directors, Responsible Managers and Compliance Staff

View Courses

• Legal Advice

Review your AFSL or ACL disclosure documents, conduct a licensee audit and more…

Get Legal Advice

• Compliance support

The HN Hub – an online platform built to support Responsible Managers and Compliance Staff

More